Each year I try to set realistic goals/tasks for the year ahead. I don’t really like “resolutions” per se… but I do like to set goals. Goals seem achievable (to me), and “resolutions” seem so easily broken due to their (usual) complexity.
I also find it more likely that I’ll carry through with my goals if I share them. If I’m accountable to others (versus only myself), I tend to get on with the tasks at hand instead of leaving them buried in relative anonymity.
The 23 goals I have set for myself are:
- Continue with my Spanish studies on Duolingo.
Make a list of 20 books I want to read. Done.
- Read them.
- Write one letter each month.
- Create a vision board.
- Finish writing my cozy mystery.
- Select a literary agent.
- Work towards purchasing a house by continuing to break the task down into manageable steps.
- (Re) learn to crochet.
- Handmake some pretty soaps for personal use (and possibly gifts).
- Create bath bombs for personal use.
- Build an emergency savings account.
- Pay down debt each month.
- Chronologically organize my photographs.
- Get all of those photographs into scrapbooks.
- Have a date with Don twice per month.
- Go to the Renaissance Faire in September (or October).
- Work on my family tree. Upload photos. Tell the stories. Document DAR line.
- Send family picture albums to relatives.
- Reach my goal weight by continuing to break the task down into manageable chunks.
- Eat more healthfully (and mindfully).
- Develop an exercise program that I enjoy (and will engage in at least three times per week).
- Work to let go of the people/ideas/mindsets/feelings that hold me back.
How about you? Do you create resolutions or goals for the new year? If so, will you please share your ideas?